Scroll to Top

House of Cards production 'hopes to resume soon'

By / Published on Monday, 27 Nov 2017 10:55 AM / No Comments / 15 views

Production of House of Cards may resume soon, after it was suspended amid claims of sexual assault and harassment against its star Kevin Spacey.

Days after announcing the political thriller’s sixth series would be its last, streaming giant Netflix and production studio Media Rights Capital suspended production “to review the current situation and to address any concerns of our cast and crew”.

In a letter to staff, Media Rights Capital vice president Pauline Micelli said the hiatus would be extended for a fortnight, but added she had “hope of resuming production soon”.

“These last two months have tested and tried all of us in ways none of us could have foreseen,” Ms Micelli said.

Netflix has suspended filming of House Of Cards series six
Image: Netflix has suspended filming of House Of Cards series six

“The one thing we have learned throughout this process is that this production is bigger than just one person and we could not be more proud to be associated with one of the most loyal and talented production cast and crews in this business.”

It is believed the show’s writers, who are continuing to work during the hiatus, are writing Spacey out of the sixth series.

House of Cards, which stars the 58-year-old as a fictional US president, was initially expected to air on Netflix in mid-2018.

Netflix axed House of Cards after actor Anthony Rapp claimed Spacey sexually assaulted him when he was 14.

Since then, other allegations against the Oscar-winning actor have surfaced.

Met Police are investigating two claims of sexual assault against Spacey, while London’s Old Vic theatre says it has received 20 allegations of inappropriate behaviour against him.

The Old Vic
Image: Spacey was The Old Vic’s artistic director between 2004 and 2015

Allegations of “on-set sexual misconduct” by members of the House Of Cards production crew have also been levelled against Spacey.

The actor is “taking the time necessary to seek evaluation and treatment”, according to a representative.

Spacey said after the first allegation that he was “beyond horrified” by Rapp’s claim of assault.

He added in the revelation had encouraged him to “address other things” about his life and revealed that he now chooses to “live as a gay man” – a statement some saw as a “calculated move” to deflect attention.

Thanks to: Entertainment News – Latest Celebrity & Showbiz News | Sky News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *